• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Front license plate camera glass getting worn from road stuff - any replacement or protection options?

CT_AZ_4x4

Well-known member
First Name
Jay
Joined
May 22, 2024
Threads
31
Messages
644
Reaction score
577
Location
Scottsdale, AZ
Vehicles
AWD CT
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I used a vinyl plotter to cut out some 3m Pro PPF and applied them to the camera lenses. Optically clear and so far no chipping.

I applied them to all exposed camera lenses including the fender ones.

IMG_6797.webp
I’d pay you for a set of these. $25 including shipping to Arizona?
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I’d pay you for a set of these. $25 including shipping to Arizona?
If you sell him two sets I’d pay too and you can ship to the same address. We live very close to one another.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
I have some clear ppf in the garage J. Maybe I’ll just wrap the camera and cut around it with a scalpel. What do you think?
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Rumors only. 😉
Seriously though. I’ll do one of mine this week and if doesn’t cause any issues I can do all of our cameras while you mess with the auxbeam. Deal?
Can always be peeled off if we don’t like it.
 

That Beast Mode

Well-known member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Mar 15, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
779
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have some clear ppf in the garage J. Maybe I’ll just wrap the camera and cut around it with a scalpel. What do you think?
Those are the hands of a surgeon. My expectations for the margins on those cuts is one step below what a Da Vinci would. be capable of.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Those are the hands of a surgeon. My expectations for the margins on those cuts is one step below what a Da Vinci would. be capable of.
Now the bar is set impossibly high. I’ll be sure to call you if I need to core it out and scrape the camera nerve ending out. 😎
 

Black306

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
512
Reaction score
449
Location
Sacramento
Vehicles
‘24 DM CT | ‘23 M3 RWD
Country flag

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag

That Beast Mode

Well-known member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Mar 15, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
779
Location
New Jersey
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Update.. so my lens covers arrived today. I can confirm they fit - sort of, needed about 10 seconds of modification. I cut the top lip flat so it would sit more flush and not have an overhang on the bottom. There is still a tiny bit as you'll see in the pics but the adhesive is grabbing on the bottom and sealing it.

Here's the cut i made.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Front license plate camera glass getting worn from road stuff - any replacement or protection options? 20251203_130530


Installed.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Front license plate camera glass getting worn from road stuff - any replacement or protection options? 20251203_131912
 
 
Top