• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Turned wipers on with spray with drivers door open and cleaning fluid stained the white trim on door.

OP
OP

Jay123

Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Apr 4, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
18
Reaction score
8
Location
1Jmnjmn1
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Service
Country flag
Thank you
I have not been able to remove the blue stains. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I hope no one else makes this mistake. I was just showing someone how the wiper worked with spray
As you know it sprays out with a lot of pressure. Only took 3 drops to stain the door. Live an learn I guess
 

Gurule92

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Threads
193
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
1,254
Location
Colorado Springs
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Thank you
I have not been able to remove the blue stains. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I hope no one else makes this mistake. I was just showing someone how the wiper worked with spray
As you know it sprays out with a lot of pressure. Only took 3 drops to stain the door. Live an learn I guess
I had a similar dumb moment a couple days ago. (i dont have. ct though).
I walked up to my model x and hit the unlock to show off my headlights to a friend and and i guess it was already unlocked so my passenger door popped open. The wind caught it and it hit my wifes car. I didnt even know i could open the passenger door like that lol. Needless to say i turned off the auto open doors
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
There's no doubt that the factory-installed washer fluid is... unsavory. I dumped mine at the first opportunity.

Tesla has used white for the interior for quite some time, so there are a number of threads over on TMC addressing this issue.

Basically start with gentle cleaners like soap, or a Magic Eraser, working gently...
 

Cybertruck26

Well-known member
First Name
Chris 🇺🇸 🇮🇪 🇨🇦
Joined
Apr 10, 2023
Threads
21
Messages
859
Reaction score
504
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
Cyberbeast (07/2024 delivery)
Occupation
Veteran, Engineer, Space 🤓
Country flag
Thank you
I have not been able to remove the blue stains. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I hope no one else makes this mistake. I was just showing someone how the wiper worked with spray
As you know it sprays out with a lot of pressure. Only took 3 drops to stain the door. Live an learn I guess
I am not sure how the fabric will respond but curious if a little baking soda and peroxide can help remove these surface stains. That's annoying, sorry that happened.
 
 
Top