• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Truck bed tent solution w/ custom tent mount

MotoX9928

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
72
Reaction score
60
Location
North Carolina
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes. Very easy
To piggyback off of that question, is it pretty dark during the daytime when it’s all sealed up?

Still mulling over a few design options. Really trying to find something I can float on the rails while also being able to close the tonneau. The original cybertent is great for that reason but this is built much better and easier to setup.
 

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
To piggyback off of that question, is it pretty dark during the daytime when it’s all sealed up?

Still mulling over a few design options. Really trying to find something I can float on the rails while also being able to close the tonneau. The original cybertent is great for that reason but this is built much better and easier to setup.
No. The cybertent is not completely dark in the day but reasonably dark and even I’m able to sleep late in it. Don’t be tempted to go for the knockoff Chinese one in black, It’s thinner material I think and it’s just flagrant intellectual property theft too.
Hard to respect that.
If I want legit dark I take our inflatable coody koala 7. Love that thing .

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Truck bed tent solution w/ custom tent mount IMG_4274
 

MotoX9928

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
72
Reaction score
60
Location
North Carolina
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
No. The cybertent is not completely dark in the day but reasonably dark and even I’m able to sleep late in it. Don’t be tempted to go for the knockoff Chinese one in black, It’s thinner material I think and it’s just flagrant intellectual property theft too.
Hard to respect that.
If I want legit dark I take our inflatable coody koala 7. Love that thing .

IMG_4274.webp
Thanks for letting me know about the actual cybertent. I've seen some reviews where you can see a little light coming in but overall keeps pretty dark. I actually did pre-order the knockoff one from CyberGearCo. Figured it was worth having a pre-order in just in case. They said they are supposed to be uploading videos and official images in the next couple weeks and said I could cancel at that time if not content. Still leaning towards a setup like in the thread. Been mulling over a few other ideas like the wildland setup from china.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-4x4-Vehicle-Car-Tent-Offroad_1601297831223.html

Offers a hardtop version that should fit although they have a few options so im going over different ideas and pre-building it before I click expensive keyboard buttons. Trying to find a rail support system that could potentially float on the L-track like what the cybertent offers. Would be nice if I could utilize the storage bins underneath for extra space and not have the u-bolts hanging low. Also wondering if all this is really worth it and just getting a normal tent with a cot is the better and cheaper approach.....lol

@Aggietruck2002 Is the setup you're using pretty dark inside?
 
 
Top