- Joined
- Jan 3, 2024
- Threads
- 11
- Messages
- 172
- Reaction score
- 81
- Location
- New Hampshire
- Vehicles
- 2018 M3P
- Thread starter
- Banned
- #1
After watching a bunch of Cybertruck videos on Youtube it seems like the AWD Cybertruck is mostly rear wheel drive biased, with the front axle only getting power from the single induction motor under acceleration. On the other hand, the Tri-Motor Cyberbeast has the 2 induction motors in the rear, so if you're just driving along at a constant speed, the power comes from the permanent magnet motor in the front until you accelerate at which point the rear axle kicks in.
How do these 2 different setups affect the handling of the truck, especially in terms of towing a 25 foot camper or boat? It would seem that a RWD-biased Cybertruck would be much better for things like towing, because you want power to go to the axle that's carrying more of the weight of the trailer. That way you will get better traction uphill, without the risk of spinning the front wheels.
Unlike most CT buyers, I *am* going to be using my CT for towing a camper and a boat so this subtle (or maybe not so subtle) difference would definitely factor into my Cyberbeast vs AWD decision. I have not yet decided if I want the Foundation Series (I did get my invite about a week ago) or if I should wait for the AWD price to come down so it qualifies for the $7500 federal credit.
Any thoughts?
How do these 2 different setups affect the handling of the truck, especially in terms of towing a 25 foot camper or boat? It would seem that a RWD-biased Cybertruck would be much better for things like towing, because you want power to go to the axle that's carrying more of the weight of the trailer. That way you will get better traction uphill, without the risk of spinning the front wheels.
Unlike most CT buyers, I *am* going to be using my CT for towing a camper and a boat so this subtle (or maybe not so subtle) difference would definitely factor into my Cyberbeast vs AWD decision. I have not yet decided if I want the Foundation Series (I did get my invite about a week ago) or if I should wait for the AWD price to come down so it qualifies for the $7500 federal credit.
Any thoughts?