• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Towing an Airstream with the Cybertruck - Range Test

Spacenoddle

Well-known member
First Name
Nan
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
478
Reaction score
410
Location
kenmore
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I won’t pretend to be an expert, but there have been a number of studies showing that the biggest hit to towing range is the aero drag, not the weight. So…. Given the relative similarities between the different Airstream trailers, I’d expect the 19’ to be similar to the 25’.

As an owner of a 25’ Airstream, I’m still happy about these results. There still doesn’t seem to be a ton of data (even from this video), but I’d be interested in running it pegged to 60mph and seeing how it does.
Yes, aero is more important than mass weight. But weight is also important, basic physics is still no change, moving X amount of weight through Y amount of distance still need Z amount of energy. At the similar aero,more weight means need more energy. But i don't know it is lineal or not. That needs more testing. If shorter means better aero, then 19 AS will be more energy save than 25 one, thus end with longer range.
 
 
Top