• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Steering wheel Vibrations on Highway speeds.

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue? The whole truck vibrates at the same frequency and its speed dependent.

I assumed it was the roads but just drove my X3m back to back on the same road and speed and it seems pretty harsh on the CT.
 

Pops

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Threads
31
Messages
965
Reaction score
1,284
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue? The whole truck vibrates at the same frequency and its speed dependent.

I assumed it was the roads but just drove my X3m back to back on the same road and speed and it seems pretty harsh on the CT.
There was another tread about this. I think its a wheel alignment or balance issue, most likely balance. I can drive 100+ without vibrations in my CT. I still feel bumps, cuts, expansion joints in the road. You should always have road feeling in the wheel like any other car, but not vibration.


I will find the link and edit this post.

EDIT: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ering-around-76miles-hour-how-is-yours.13870/
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Yea wanted to double check my suspicion. Added to the service now.
 

KrennPowerSports

Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Jan 2, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
60
Reaction score
38
Location
DFW,Texas
Vehicles
none yet.
Country flag
mine has this from 50mph and up. I had it in for that and a LIST of stuff to fix on it and they let it sit there for 3 days, so i just picked it up and set another appointment... I did say "will you actually work on it this time when I drop it off?" they agreed to, but I also noticed a back caliper dragging, bad red dust only on 1 wheel
 
OP
OP

Tony stank

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
107
Reaction score
105
Location
San Jose
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
mine has this from 50mph and up. I had it in for that and a LIST of stuff to fix on it and they let it sit there for 3 days, so i just picked it up and set another appointment... I did say "will you actually work on it this time when I drop it off?" they agreed to, but I also noticed a back caliper dragging, bad red dust only on 1 wheel
Man tell me about it.

I had mine dropped off 2 times both 5-6 days and no one worked on it and it just sat outside.
I then messaged the regional manager of service and then the 3rd time they worked on it. It’s horrible service.

I have my follow up in 2 weeks because of parts availability. Hoping it’s not horrible again.
 
 
Top