You might try communicating with Xcel to see what if any plans they have to approve main breaker separation in the future. Unfortunately, your installer likely can't do what you're asking because the inspector will not approve the install and Xcel won't turn your power back on. They get to decide what's attached to their meter. If they're planning on certifying Tesla's equipment eventually, it's probably in your best interest to just sit on the equipment until they do.Correct. That's what the installer told me as well that the install will be expensive because of the light loads backup panel. I told them, how about you do this as a whole house install and when Xcel approves the component, it will be operational? I am in no rush for it to be operational now, since we don't really experience power outages that often where I live... and they checked with TESLA and said, NO CAN DO! Has to be an operational system after install complete, not operational some time in future.
So for us Beast owners who have had the third party quote from Qmerit and accept will not receive the 2.5k voucher? The equipment is directly sent to installer? And Qmerit coordinates shipment to installer?7/21 - Electrician visited home. Informed me whole house backup was not possible because of a component that Xcel energy my provider had not approved for their system. I will need to select 10 110V circuits to backup.
7/23 - Got quote $4630.50 and accepted it. $4K install credit. Out of pocket $630.50.
7/23 - Got email from TESLA powershare backup team rep that vouchers will go out in "few weeks".
8/5 - Got email from electrician that equipment will be sent to them directly, I will not have to purchase it, I will not get the $2500 voucher. Probable delivery mid August.
8/13 - Got email from powershare backup team rep confirming I will not get $2500 voucher, equipment to be sent to the electrician directly week of 8/19 (this week)
8/14 - Electrician emailed me they have not received any update on equipment delivery from TESLA but based on email from powershare backup team to me, can schedule install on 8/27-8/28
8/16 - Got email from QMerit confirming equiment to be shipped to electrician
8/19 - Waiting on equipment tracking number information and hoping it gets there this week for install next week.
(...... To Be Continued)
![]()
Installer told me, Xcel is not giving anyone any information. So Its $600 out of pocket! Not that bad of a deal. Install is on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here we go... maybe I can get $500 installation credit from Xcel as they have credits for EV chargers.You might try communicating with Xcel to see what if any plans they have to approve main breaker separation in the future. Unfortunately, your installer likely can't do what you're asking because the inspector will not approve the install and Xcel won't turn your power back on. They get to decide what's attached to their meter. If they're planning on certifying Tesla's equipment eventually, it's probably in your best interest to just sit on the equipment until they do.
Oh, if you've got the Beast credit, then it's worth it. My Qmerit quote listed incentives that I should be eligible for, which included the $1,000 residential EVSE credit. I would imagine the full install cost (before $4k credit) would apply, so you may be able to get back more than your out of pocket costs.Installer told me, Xcel is not giving anyone any information. So Its $600 out of pocket! Not that bad of a deal. Install is on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here we go... maybe I can get $500 installation credit from Xcel as they have credits for EV chargers.
Yeah.Oh, if you've got the Beast credit, then it's worth it. My Qmerit quote listed incentives that I should be eligible for, which included the $1,000 residential EVSE credit. I would imagine the full install cost (before $4k credit) would apply, so you may be able to get back more than your out of pocket costs.
Yup, my install was supposed to be this week, but got pushed because the electrician had to reschedule. I'll be doing the same thing, a few 100' extension cords for the fridge, internet and other necessities and I'll be working from Zoom in the truck.Yeah.
Now here is the cool thing. Power will be completely out on 8/27 and I have a Freezer full of meat and refrigerator full of stuff... so how do I power those during that time to prevent things from going bad?
The Cybertruck of course. Will run some extension cords from the truck bed outlets to the fridge and freezer. Note to self. Charge cybertruck to 100% before install.
![]()