• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

New Rivian configurations, lower prices

BayouCityBob

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
388
Reaction score
397
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Am picking up a Dual Motor R1T (large pack) tomorrow. That was the right balance of functionality and amenities for me (and $19k cheaper than the DM CT foundation). OTOH the reality for Rivian is the business makes or breaks with the R1S which is 70% of its volume. I think adding a 300 mile+ lower-priced, tax credit eligible option is very smart especially for the S where it is competition for the urban land rover crowd.
 

Thatch

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
SOCAL
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Congrats on your R1T...a great vehicle!
 

cgladue

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Chad
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
507
Reaction score
524
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Am picking up a Dual Motor R1T (large pack) tomorrow. That was the right balance of functionality and amenities for me (and $19k cheaper than the DM CT foundation). OTOH the reality for Rivian is the business makes or breaks with the R1S which is 70% of its volume. I think adding a 300 mile+ lower-priced, tax credit eligible option is very smart especially for the S where it is competition for the urban land rover crowd.
are you cancelling your CT reservation or going to keep both ?
 

BayouCityBob

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
388
Reaction score
397
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
are you cancelling your CT reservation or going to keep both ?
I cancelled my CT Founder Series order (lost $500). Happy with the decision. R1T is a much better vehicle for me for many different reasons. Not least, smaller footprint, better range, better amenities (e.g. homelink, gear tunnel, spare tire, etc.) and I pocketed nearly $20k. Will be much happier when my Supercharger adapter arrives and I never have to ever visit an EVGo or EA station again (soooon).
 
OP
OP
rbrak29

rbrak29

Active member
First Name
Rolf
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Threads
9
Messages
44
Reaction score
24
Location
Fargo, ND
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2021 F150 Powerboost hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I cancelled my CT Founder Series order (lost $500). Happy with the decision. R1T is a much better vehicle for me for many different reasons. Not least, smaller footprint, better range, better amenities (e.g. homelink, gear tunnel, spare tire, etc.) and I pocketed nearly $20k. Will be much happier when my Supercharger adapter arrives and I never have to ever visit an EVGo or EA station again (soooon).
Have a FS CT invite. Have not ordered. Put a $1000 (refundable as I have not locked in an order) deposit on R1T. The R1T is better for my situation as well, but now with the Rivian stock price tanking due to lower than expected sales numbers (Wall Street), I am now undecided. Will wait for R2 reveal on March 7. Rivian needs to allay fears of prospective R1T buyers and R1T owners that the company is stable.
 

Thatch

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
SOCAL
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I still want to see how the Rivian SC adapter will enable use at a SC without a long extension or taking up two spots
 

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
I still want to see how the Rivian SC adapter will enable use at a SC without a long extension or taking up two spots
Couple new videos on youtube showing people charging them, looks pretty seamless.
 

cgladue

Banned
Well-known member
Banned
First Name
Chad
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
507
Reaction score
524
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I cancelled my CT Founder Series order (lost $500). Happy with the decision. R1T is a much better vehicle for me for many different reasons. Not least, smaller footprint, better range, better amenities (e.g. homelink, gear tunnel, spare tire, etc.) and I pocketed nearly $20k. Will be much happier when my Supercharger adapter arrives and I never have to ever visit an EVGo or EA station again (soooon).
ugh i cant wait till other manufacturers start taking up stalls at our SCs .. bad decision i hope they get a hefty income bump from this.

congrats on your rivian :)
 

BayouCityBob

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Threads
19
Messages
388
Reaction score
397
Location
Texas
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Have a FS CT invite. Have not ordered. Put a $1000 (refundable as I have not locked in an order) deposit on R1T. The R1T is better for my situation as well, but now with the Rivian stock price tanking due to lower than expected sales numbers (Wall Street), I am now undecided. Will wait for R2 reveal on March 7. Rivian needs to allay fears of prospective R1T buyers and R1T owners that the company is stable.
There is some risk with Rivian for sure, but I think even in a bad case it will get bought not go into liquidation (same IMO with Lucid). There are a bunch of vehicles I would not buy because I expect them to die - Fisker, Faraday, Canoo, etc. - but I think Rivian and Lucid will live. No one knows, of course. When we bought our Model 3s in 2018, Tesla was much closer to the edge - within 60 days of falling off the cliff. Am very happy with the R1T as a vehicle, but there is company risk for sure.
 
 
Top