• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Made some door handles to avoid fingerprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

getsometom

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Threads
56
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
1,089
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Being tired of fingerprints from closing doors, I made these custom door handles so I can stop my OCD.

Originally I thought these would be amazing to sell, but I’ve decided against it. While I can assure myself from not being hurt, I can see how others may potentially jam their fingers and do not want the responsibility of causing harm (especially to kids) who may not use them properly.

Either way, wanted to share since they work well. ?

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Made some door handles to avoid fingerprints IMG_6513


Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Made some door handles to avoid fingerprints IMG_6512


 
Last edited:

fritter63

Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Threads
31
Messages
1,351
Reaction score
664
Location
Atascadero
Vehicles
2024 Model X
Occupation
Wax on, Wax off!
Country flag
Not clear how this is much different form just grabbing the inside of the door (like you did anyway).
 
OP
OP
getsometom

getsometom

Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Threads
56
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
1,089
Location
Texas
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Not clear how this is much different form just grabbing the inside of the door (like you did anyway).
I feel like I am able to apply more leverage to close the door by using a handle on the side of the door than the grabbing any part on the inside.
 
Last edited:

Cyber Satoshi

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
178
Reaction score
63
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Does anyone know of an open source STL for handles like this that I can download and print?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
 
Top