• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

FSD 14.2 ran away from an ambulance

wheeler

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Threads
20
Messages
71
Reaction score
74
Location
San Jose, CA
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
Before I had a chance to upgrade to 14.2.1, using 14.2, on a trip when almost reached an intersection for a left turn, FSD pulled over to the right side as soon as I heard an ambulance siren, which is way faster than I could do it myself.

As the ambulance passing, its path was cleared. Then it turned off the siren, only kept flashing lights on, and left going forward.

FSD started to resume trip immediately at the moment the ambulance is right at my left, which is too soon IMO. Then it did not go back to the left turn lanes to continue the trip, which is very easy since the street is almost empty and the intersection is far enough. It stayed in the right turn lane and made a right turn instead. 🤷‍♂️

I managed to take a blurry photo of the screen as evidence.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen FSD 14.2 ran away from an ambulance 20251203193442_549_251
 

JCERRN

Well-known member
First Name
J
Joined
May 3, 2021
Threads
24
Messages
953
Reaction score
723
Location
Around
Vehicles
Yeah
Country flag
Ive had some weird experiences with 14.2 and flashing lights on vehicles. I was driving on a straight road and it kept trying to pull over for a tow truck with flashing yellow lights.

yesterday an ambulance was driving toward us on the other side of a divided road, and it pulled into a u turn area to the left, which made no sense for a the route being taken, especially given the ambulance was on the opposite side of the road.
 

devdrone6

Well-known member
First Name
Dev
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
21
Messages
710
Reaction score
766
Location
Nebraska
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Model Y
Country flag
Before I had a chance to upgrade to 14.2.1, using 14.2, on a trip when almost reached an intersection for a left turn, FSD pulled over to the right side as soon as I heard an ambulance siren, which is way faster than I could do it myself.

As the ambulance passing, its path was cleared. Then it turned off the siren, only kept flashing lights on, and left going forward.

FSD started to resume trip immediately at the moment the ambulance is right at my left, which is too soon IMO. Then it did not go back to the left turn lanes to continue the trip, which is very easy since the street is almost empty and the intersection is far enough. It stayed in the right turn lane and made a right turn instead. 🤷‍♂️

I managed to take a blurry photo of the screen as evidence.
20251203193442_549_251.webp
Did it resume your route after the right turn and get you back on the right path?
 

devdrone6

Well-known member
First Name
Dev
Joined
Aug 28, 2024
Threads
21
Messages
710
Reaction score
766
Location
Nebraska
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Model Y
Country flag
Navigation rerouted after right turn. FSD followed the new route.
My reason for asking was because my CT did something similar, but I took over and made it go the way it was supposed to. In my case, I was approaching a right turn but was in the left lane, the CT gave signal to switch lanes just as few speeding cars came up on the right. It could have slowed down as there was no one behind me and still switched lanes to take the turn, instead it gave a left turn signal. At that point I took over and went to the right, but leaving me wondering what it was going to do, I guess it would have taken the left turn and then re-routed.
 
 
Top