• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Front Dash Warping

Boomwaller

Active member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
40
Reaction score
7
Location
Ks
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone notice the lines from where the dash wraps into the AC (not the white trim) is uneven or seems warped? I didn’t notice it at delivery but can see and feel it now. Will add pictures later today. Was unsure if this is do to no sunshade while my truck is in 90+ weather? I have overheat set to 90.
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
To be fair, I can't see any warping. Just a spot where it's tucked in slightly more.

There's a recall on my Mazda for a similar bit warping, but it never did so I never got it replaced.

-Crissa
 
OP
OP

Boomwaller

Active member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
40
Reaction score
7
Location
Ks
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
that is fair I’m just over analyzing now that I have had the truck for over a month hah
 

RichieBNYC

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
40
Location
NYC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes absolutely I just noticed it a couple days ago it def wasn’t like that when I got it. Would this qualify for warranty repair?
 

RichieBNYC

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
59
Reaction score
40
Location
NYC
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Also I think but not certain the overheat protection would activate while asleep before my software update but won’t activate when vehicle is asleep anymore after latest update to 2024.20.9
 

cybertruckwaldo

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
245
Reaction score
256
Location
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
it was done quickly with many of the other cosmetic issues during one of the appointments. time is always a product of if they have the part in stock or have to order it.
 

Cold.Truth

Well-known member
First Name
Big A
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Threads
0
Messages
93
Reaction score
109
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Like Crissa, I don’t even see it. Maybe I’m not as OCD as I thought I was. o_O
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Front Dash Warping IMG_6107
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Front Dash Warping IMG_6106
 

Boo23

Well-known member
First Name
David
Joined
Mar 29, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW M40 Z4, 84 Camaro Z28
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
saw a video of general Cybertruck review the other day and dash was obviously warped
 
OP
OP

Boomwaller

Active member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
40
Reaction score
7
Location
Ks
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Haha ? I am a little OCD but not to bad my truck is just a dirty living out in the sticks. Was close to busting my rear plastic flap off. It was more I don’t want it to get worse with time and or if I need to invest in a sunshade when it’s outside my garage.
 
 
Top