• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Cybertruck - After Purchase Mods Thread (PPF, Tint, etc)

Aidrab

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
19
Reaction score
48
Location
San Diego
Vehicles
Tesla Model X and Cybertruck
Country flag
I didn’t see a master thread on after market customizations like PPF wrap, window tint etc. so I thought I’d start one.

Got my Cybertruck delivered at Carlsbad on Friday.

Drove it up to Champion Auto Salon in Orange County today and dropped it off with Danny.

Shop: Champion Auto Salon, San Juan Capistrano (https://www.championautosalon.com/)

Services:
- Gloss Black PPF (full body)
- Full Ceramic IRX Tint (going 50% tint on windshield and 5% everywhere else). Not touching the sunroof).
- 5 year Ceramic Coating

They’re going to be posting updates and progress as they go on their Instagram here if you want to follow along: https://www.instagram.com/championautosalon/

Danny’s been doing this for years and opened his own shop just recently. I’m his second Cybertruck and he came highly highly recommended so I felt good about going with them. Champion Auto Salon also posts their pricing on their website and I really liked the transparency. You should call in though as well to get the most accurate quote.

I’ll post progress photos too as I have them and let you know overall experience.

It would be great if others would share their preferred shops, services and photos so we can get a thread of trusted providers going.

Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Cybertruck - After Purchase Mods Thread (PPF, Tint, etc) 37C07F10-C249-44C8-B348-C877B932748E
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just looking at the picture, I wonder how that honeycomb outline would look on the truck?
 

MynameisKhan

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
52
Reaction score
38
Location
Dublin, CA
Vehicles
Cybertruck, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I didn’t see a master thread on after market customizations like PPF wrap, window tint etc. so I thought I’d start one.

Got my Cybertruck delivered at Carlsbad on Friday.

Drove it up to Champion Auto Salon in Orange County today and dropped it off with Danny.

Shop: Champion Auto Salon, San Juan Capistrano (https://www.championautosalon.com/)

Services:
- Gloss Black PPF (full body)
- Full Ceramic IRX Tint (going 50% tint on windshield and 5% everywhere else). Not touching the sunroof).
- 5 year Ceramic Coating

They’re going to be posting updates and progress as they go on their Instagram here if you want to follow along: https://www.instagram.com/championautosalon/

Danny’s been doing this for years and opened his own shop just recently. I’m his second Cybertruck and he came highly highly recommended so I felt good about going with them. Champion Auto Salon also posts their pricing on their website and I really liked the transparency. You should call in though as well to get the most accurate quote.

I’ll post progress photos too as I have them and let you know overall experience.

It would be great if others would share their preferred shops, services and photos so we can get a thread of trusted providers going.

37C07F10-C249-44C8-B348-C877B932748E.jpeg
Nice look. How do you like the Llumar IRX tint? Any glare? Happy with the heat rejection? My local shop only carries Llumar but I have experience with Xpel XR Plus in the past that im happy with. Wondering if I should switch or stick to Xpel
 
 
Top