• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Core aero covers broken and rattling around

nickels

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Has anyone had just the middle part of the aero covers break off? 3 of 4 have done this. The covers still stay snapped on the wheel, but without the middle part they move and rattle with every revolution of the tire.
Tesla Roadster 2nd gen Core aero covers broken and rattling around 7098
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
ā€˜24 Beast
Country flag
That’s wild. Did you make sure the center was secured after popping the spoke grabbers in place?
 

rhoff

Member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Jun 24, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Location
indiana
Vehicles
24 Cybertruck
Country flag
2 out of my 4 did the same. I couldn’t take the noise anymore so I took them off.
 
OP
OP

nickels

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I noticed the rattling sound and pulled the covers off for the first time since I got the truck and found the broken pieces in the center of the wheel. The center metal ring and plastic bits are what secures the cover from moving as the wheel turns.
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
ā€˜24 Beast
Country flag
I noticed the rattling sound and pulled the covers off for the first time since I got the truck and found the broken pieces in the center of the wheel. The center metal ring and plastic bits are what secures the cover from moving as the wheel turns.
The spoke grabbers actually make sure it doesn’t move. The center could spin freely without the rest of the cover. The center should have the easiest job. Very curious it RUD’d itself (like Landspace’s booster today 🤣)
 

DanK

Member
First Name
Clare
Joined
May 23, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
19
Reaction score
27
Location
Mojave Desert
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Three of mine broke like that. Yesterday I went to a SC and they replaced them but I had to pay for them because that breakage is NOT covered by warranty.
 
OP
OP

nickels

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Three of mine broke like that. Yesterday I went to a SC and they replaced them but I had to pay for them because that breakage is NOT covered by warranty.
How much did they charge?
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I know where you can get a brand-new set for $150 plus shipping...
 

TyPope

Well-known member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
28
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
1,225
Location
Chesapeake Beach, MD
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, Cyberbeast 2800xx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Is it from you by any chance? 🤣
Maybe. And maybe, and I'm saying maybe, I missed the "core" part. And maybe I have a set of AT wheel covers from my Beast that have never even been removed from their plastic and cardboard...
 

ABILISK

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 6, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
1,484
Location
DFW
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
ā€˜24 Beast
Country flag
Maybe. And maybe, and I'm saying maybe, I missed the "core" part. And maybe I have a set of AT wheel covers from my Beast that have never even been removed from their plastic and cardboard...
Someone will be very happy! I promise I’ll hit you up if I have a stroke, start liking wheel covers, and break the ones that are collecting dust in my spare bedroom.
 

DanK

Member
First Name
Clare
Joined
May 23, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
19
Reaction score
27
Location
Mojave Desert
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The SC charged me $281.00 to replace the 3 broken ones. Had I known this beforehand, I would not have replace them, just bought some $8 hub caps and called it good.
 
OP
OP

nickels

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Denver
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The SC charged me $281.00 to replace the 3 broken ones. Had I known this beforehand, I would not have replace them, just bought some $8 hub caps and called it good.
That's crazy! Looks like I'll be doing the same
 
 
Top