• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. JJ_Tex

    Tesla owner with Mustang Mach-E reports threats on social media from Tesla fans

    There are a lot of stupid people/assholes in this world, so doubt it. For some reason cars in general seem to be a hot topic for triggering. In the past 12 months I have experienced: - ICE vehicles parking in EV charging spots. Sometimes intentional, sometimes just stupid people. - Diesel...
  2. JJ_Tex

    Musk says Twitter board will be paid nothing if he acquires the company

    Seems reasonable to me. While most outside directors of fortune 100 companies are compensated $150k or more, they are typically successful executives in the public and private space worth $millions already. Thats not bad for a part-time job where you have a meeting once a quarter, plus maybe a...
  3. JJ_Tex

    Whining about Austin celebration

    Agreed. Considering this event is going to be much smaller than SXSW which just wrapped up or the Formula 1 race next month, 100k visitors for college football games, etc. I'm sure Austin can handle Elon's party even if it expands.
  4. JJ_Tex

    Whining about Austin celebration

    What an odd group to be against Tesla. Plus their name sounds totally made up: PODER (People Organized in Defense of Earth and her Resources). https://www.austincoloradoriver.org/meet-the-team
  5. JJ_Tex

    TSLA investing strategy with Elon’s tweets

    Ha, I guess the latter. While I think they do have some good long-term growth potential, I think they are currently undervalued due to mismanagement and lower 2021/2022 growth numbers coming off a the start of the pandemic in 2020 early 2021. It certainly feels like there is a smear campaign...
  6. JJ_Tex

    TSLA investing strategy with Elon’s tweets

    It was a tough decision on Tesla vs Peloton, but I picked up some Tesla today. Hopefully, that will be the last of the stock-impacting tweets... but I doubt it.
  7. JJ_Tex

    Spending vs revenue in car-centric development (trigger warning, not politics)

    Interesting graphic and I totally understand that urban/non-car centric settings can be more efficient especially when talking in terms of road infrastructure. The 2 things I do not see accounted for are: 1. People who live in the suburbs but work in the downtown areas. The biggest expense...
  8. JJ_Tex

    Lightning pre-orders? (Poll)

    I'm still waiting on my number to be called, but I noticed some on the Ford forum today have production dates for their orders as early as April/May. I'll probably pass on ordering the Lightning, but no sense in canceling at this point.
  9. JJ_Tex

    DeLorean EV coming?

    I heard it is powered by garbage using Mr. Fusion. Below is their latest working prototype.
  10. JJ_Tex

    Ford hires former Tesla engineer to lead ‘Advanced EV Development’

    My guess is that he was on "Garden Leave", meaning as soon he gave notice to Tesla they told him to go home but contractually had to pay him for X period of time. While he officially left Tesla last month, my guess is that his actual last day of work was earlier than that and Ford lawyers have...
  11. JJ_Tex

    Highway Charging While Driving

    What is the business model here? Is there some sort of meter hooked up to the car where you are charged when you drive your EV on the charger, similar to a toll road?
  12. JJ_Tex

    Felony charges are 1st in a fatal crash involving Autopilot

    Autopilot gets people to click on the story. Substitute the words cruise control, traction control, lane centering, etc for autopilot and this is a non-story. Also missing is a ton of specifics, including the "high rate of speed". What was the speed limit and what was the speed of the car...
  13. JJ_Tex

    NBC announces Ford and GM promises but overlooks Cybertruck

    Wait, are you saying my 5 minutes of internet sleuthing wasn't solid research? :) You are totally right and I do not think there is some broad conspiracy, but I do think that big businesses, including the media, are intertwined and tend to stick together vs a new ousider like Tesla.
  14. JJ_Tex

    NBC announces Ford and GM promises but overlooks Cybertruck

    It is always about the $ and connections. Follow my logic: 1. NBC is owned by Comcast 2. Comcast's CEO came from the Carlyle Group (source) 3. William Kennard worked for the Carlyle Group's CEO (the one above), and is now on Ford's board of Directors. (Source) While not a huge conflict of...
  15. JJ_Tex

    2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️

    I see 2 use cases where the <300 mile range is a deal breaker: 1. People who tow/haul a bunch with their truck for work or fun. A 300 mile range will go way down for those in this group and I totally understand where they would not want to be at a job site, lake, mountains, etc. with no good...
  16. JJ_Tex

    2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️

    Yep, the 300 range limit is a deal breaker and the pricing is just astronomical. I want an EV truck, but I will not be a Lightning early adopter.
  17. JJ_Tex

    2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed / Leaked ⚡️

    Not all dealers are doing the markup, but keep in mind that there will be many options with the various trim levels. I would not expect people to pay just the "Starting At" price for their trim. You truly start at the "Starting Price" and add the features you want (Upgraded tow system...
  18. JJ_Tex

    Lightning Dealer Markups

    When I bought my F150 a few months ago, inventory was low and I saw several dealers with $5k markups above sticker. I noped out of there when I saw those, but I'm sure some fools paid it just like they will do with the Lightning. Seems very short-sighted by Ford and the dealers, but we will...
  19. JJ_Tex

    [Video] Finnish Man Passes on Paying $22,600 to Replace His Tesla's Battery, Blows Up Car Instead

    Anyone know where in Florida this happened? I spent all afternoon looking for Finland, FL and just cannot seem to locate it. :devilish:
  20. JJ_Tex

    Tesla taxi Paris crash: driver claims he pressed the brake, accelerated instead

    This reminds me of a kid I went to high school with. He wrecked his Ford Probe by running it into the back of another car because his "brakes failed". He was treated like the victim around school and his parents raised a huge stink with Ford. Ultimately they ended up buying their little...
Top