• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. JJ_Tex

    Bastrop Buc-ee's Needs Superchargers

    That is great news and another reason to love Buc-ees. I'm sure other similar companies, restaurants, hotels, apartment complexes, building managers, etc. will take note and hopefully follow suit as EV demand increases. Soon you will start to see the conversation shift from: "Oh wow, they...
  2. JJ_Tex

    This is Hilarious : "Ford Keeps Laughing at Tesla..."

    Total clickbait. I was reading up about the author and he has written 15,000 articles since 2010 according to the link below. By my math: 11 years * 250 business days a year = 2,750 business days in his career 15,000 articles / 2,750 business days comes to a whopping 5.5 articles every...
  3. JJ_Tex

    Bastrop Buc-ee's Needs Superchargers

    Buc-cee's, Wawa, Cracker Barrel, and any other businesses that derive a large portion of their income from people on road trips would be wise to put in charging stations. With that said, I'm sure there is more to the story. Pure speculation, but the gasoline suppliers for Buc-cees and other...
  4. JJ_Tex

    California bans gas-powered lawn equipment and other “small off-road engines”

    I totally agree with this and I hate the one size fits all mentality of government mandates. If they want to do something, stick to incentives and let the market shift to electrical equipment on its own. My current lawn equipment is a mix of gas and battery-powered equipment. I have a gas...
  5. JJ_Tex

    Elon just announced Tesla HQ will move to Austin!

    I guess I'm not seeing the evidence of just the executives moving, and find it misleading to call these corporate relocations just a change in their post office box. Many of the above examples have large campuses and are employing thousands of new jobs to Texas vs just a shell of a headquarters...
  6. JJ_Tex

    Elon just announced Tesla HQ will move to Austin!

    Hmm... HP earned $1.1B last quarter and Trend Micro made $7.7B in 2020. I would not expect either to get back to their income in the boom days of technology, but calling them dead companies seems to be a stretch of the truth...
  7. JJ_Tex

    Elon just announced Tesla HQ will move to Austin!

    So Tesla joins Oracle, Hewlett Packard, Charles Schwab, Toyota (North America HQ), CBRE, McKesson, Saleen, Trend Micro, and hundreds of other California companies moving to Texas. Someone tell Apple to turn off the lights if they ever decide to leave CA.
  8. JJ_Tex

    EVs reach 4.8% of monthly sales in the US

    These are interesting comments from someone who works at Boeing. Do you have something up your sleeve for the aviation industry to move away from fossil fuels?
  9. JJ_Tex

    Ford Co-pilot Active Assist reviews

    Good point. We were in BFE Montana, with limited cell phone services the entire trip. Not the best environment to receive over-the-air updates.
  10. JJ_Tex

    Ford Co-pilot Active Assist reviews

    As a quick update, I just bought my F150 Platinum hybrid with the technology package I wanted. I missed out on the pre-release of Ford Blue Cruise, but have all of the hardware in the truck ready for it to become live. I also just got back from vacation, where we rented a model Y so I got to...
  11. JJ_Tex

    ISN'T IT TIME FOR ALL HOTELS TO START INCLUDING ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS?

    All good questions. It is a Tesla destination charger and it says there are 2 of them. I'm not clear on reserving the chargers and paying for the charge at the hotel, but I plan on asking at check-in. The paperwork says I will get the car at 80% charge and have to turn it in at 20% so by my...
  12. JJ_Tex

    ISN'T IT TIME FOR ALL HOTELS TO START INCLUDING ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATIONS?

    We are renting a Y for our trip in 2 weeks and the deciding factor on the hotel was that one had a charger and one did not. All of the newer theatres around me have chargers as well as some of the restaurants. I think its a smart business move and as more and more people switch to EVs the...
  13. JJ_Tex

    Ford Co-pilot Active Assist reviews

    Thanks. Leasing doesn't work that well with us since we stagger our cars so we only have 1 car payment at any given time (pay for it for 4 years, drive it for another 4 while my wife gets a new car). I'm certainly not giving up my spot in line for the CT, and I'm still eagerly watching the...
  14. JJ_Tex

    Ford Co-pilot Active Assist reviews

    My understanding is that it is all called Ford Copilot 360 Assist 2.0. That package has the basics you would expect like adaptive cruise control, speed sign recognition, evasive steering/braking, and lane centering. Then they have the similarly named Ford Copilot 360 Active Assist 2.0 prep...
  15. JJ_Tex

    Ford Co-pilot Active Assist reviews

    Unfortunately due to a wreck (everyone is okay), we are down a car and I need to accelerate my buying of a truck to the next 30 days or so. That obviously takes the CT, Lightning, or any other EV off the table for this purchase. I've been looking at Ford and am intrigued by their Active...
  16. JJ_Tex

    New Shepard vs Falcon 9

    Yep, but it made for a good internet yesterday: https://thechive.com/2021/07/20/jeff-bezos-went-to-space-and-the-internet-was-quick-to-ground-him-21-photos/
  17. JJ_Tex

    Elon Musk: Superchargers open to all other EVs later this year.

    I see 2 major changes coming in EV charging in the next few years: - Businesses like restaurants, interstate gas stations, and other convenient travel stop locations will be installing chargers so that travelers can stop for 20-30 minutes to recharge and spend $ at their location. Places like...
  18. JJ_Tex

    What's your energy mix/price?

    Here is mine: Customer Charge $10.00 per meter Energy Charge (May–October) July 2021 Base rate per kWh $0.129402 MINUS the PCRF – $0.0320 = $0.097402 per kWh Energy Charge (May–October) June 2021 Base rate per kWh...
  19. JJ_Tex

    Elon Musk: Superchargers open to all other EVs later this year.

    I cant wait to see video of a CT pushing a Lightning out of line at a Tesla supercharger.
  20. JJ_Tex

    Tesla Boats/Watercraft?

    Heck, might as well shell out a cool $600k so you can enjoy your boat for 4 total hours. :ROFLMAO: I'm still rooting for someone to figure it out. Saving $ on maintenance would be another huge benefit since there is no such thing as a cheap maintenance item on a boat.
Top