I wonder if you can reinforce the cast aluminum unibody bumper mounts with a steel overlay that also bolts into multiple points . Kind of like how they sell, pseudo frame rails for Jeep XJ ,Cherokees, that are unibody. So people can weld shock mounts and roll cages off of that.
when it comes...
Outside of unit bearing hub and flange face should have some surface rust. My model 3 performance has this too. Although I will say teslas usually show a lot more of this surface rust vs other oems so I wonder who their parts supplier is for unit bearings and why they are particularly...
At ride height? Or at full suspension compression (bottom out aka bump ) . Also at full wheel lock/ turn ? That would be the worse possible situation for tire clearance . Full bump (suspension bottomed out) + wheel turned . Off roading will see that condition or big pot hole / curb/ speed bump...
True. Long term , less risk , less stress , buy at today’s price and hold . Cost averaging , ya , it will get there. But if you felt a big correction or dip was coming, I mean, just simple mathematically speaking , that would be the best time to buy in and hold right ? Literally + 30-50%...
Exactly, ride the highs , sell , then buy back the lows ;)
Sometimes , like in nov 2021 , or now (Dec 2024), the stock price gets way ahead of itself and is basically what it is should be valued at in a few years time , so a correction or dip is inevitable. Don’t have to sell it ,could be...
True. And just like the rest of the aftermarket /off road truck industry, I’m sure we will start to see real suspension kits offered for the cyber truck. I’m talking big Porsche 930 CV axle upgrade, humongous unit bearings with custom steering knuckles + control arms. Or even portal...
I am not aware of any stock vehicle that can lock only its front differential , while leaving the rear differential open. Jeep rubicon, Benz G wagon , Chevy Colorado , ford bronco , Land Rover defender, none of them can lock only their front stock diff. This suck big time because there are...
Right , God forbid an actual pick up truck might get a bit of dust on it? What the heck , this form is full of complete wet noodles , no wonder normal people make fun of Tesla owners, and the cyber truck crowd. Ewwwww lame Os. You guys seem like the people who would have a hot girlfriend...
Right but it’s possible he wasn’t going for looks. Maybe he just didn’t want to shred the crap out of those weak ass tires over rocks and boulders or take chunks of metal out of those ghetto 20 inch show wheels.? Idk ? Possible if he’s using it as an actually “truck” ?
I don’t know what has...
Not much of a truck guy / off-roader eh ? Maybe model y is best for you ? Nice dry paved roads . No scary rocks or branches to puncture the frail factory sidewalls of them budget tires they come with .
what do you think the duel lockers are for (duel motor) ? Help get clicks on your YouTube...
True true . I’m just sayin , at this time , if you really had to have a capable prerunner type vehicle that is also full EV, best option is convert a truck or Baja buggy. In this day. Believe me , the moment Tesla makes a dune buggy or so … I’ll give them a blank check .
Very cool idea , but that modified model 3 would get demolished attempting to run through a woop section of get air.
Not to sound like a "know it all", but that project is a joke compared to what you need a properly built pre-runner or Baja bug to do. I have built a few prerunners (one was even...
Woah, I hope he was ok.
Yes it can be insane out there. Generally we like to camp far away and jt "observe" from a nice safe distance. In Glamis this is almost impossible.
Since the early 2000s I have been off roading/modifying my trucks and going out to ocotillo/Anza (right when I got my...
You should come out to glamis or ocotillo wells during desert season. Some big weekends see 100,000 (thanksgiving or New Years) people out there . That jeep , over landing stuff is cool and all , and many people still do that out here in CA/AZ but the market and people who rip across the...
Also depends on your idea or style off "off-roading".
For the most basic "common" definition, it is things that most SUVs/jeeps do. trails, some hill climbs , muddy holes here and there, a few rocks to "get over", shallow water crossings ... essentially the slow things that most SUVs/jeeps are...
I have a 8,000 Watt solar system (paid off). Average (year round ave ) output per day is 42kwH.
The Tri motor is set to have 200kwH battery that will take it 400 miles (safe under est.). That means per day I make about 1/5 the energy to fully charge a battery = 84 miles a day. That's 84 miles...
The only advantages for the F150 lighting are :
1) Bolt on Long Travel kits for the front suspension will probably work due to similarities between F150 chassis (like this...