News was broken by the WSJ, but they have a paywall so here's Autoblog's reporting of it.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/10/hummer-returns-as-electric-gmc/
Thoughts on an electric Hummer pickup and SUV??
I find myself asking if there's actually this much demand for electric pickups. But I...
I've been hearing lots of buzz about the Fully Charged event. No word on Cybertruck possibly making an appearance? Will Tesla have any presence at all?
Welcome to the site Stephen! I've found this to be a great community too. And you're not alone in being a first time EV or Tesla owner. This poll shows that more than 85% of the members here will be a first time Tesla owner.
This is huge if the extension goes through! The Cybertruck was already a great value at the announced pricing. This would put its pricing at $33k (single motor), $43k (double motor) and $63k (tri motor). :eek:
No wonder TSLA stock is about to hit an all time high today.
I noticed the body roll in some videos, especially the one where Musk is out in LA and makes a left turn running over a pylon. Luckily there's a lot of time until release for them to tune the suspension. Shouldn't be too hard to dial out body roll with independent air suspension at their disposal.
This is beyond my elementary physics understanding, but here's an engineer's perspective of towing with an EV pickup versus an ICE pickup. Seems like the conclusion is that an ICE pickup has a range advantage even though it's less efficient at towing compared to an EV. But the gap will get...
If they keep the current design (with the underbed storage cubby compartment) then it doesn't look like a full spare tire compartment is in the plans. I just came across this image today, hadn't seen it before.
Hadn't thought of that until now. Think of all the cool new functions we may see on the app - suspension adjustment, opening/closing bed cover, raising/lowering tailgate.
I'm also hoping the onboard air compressor is somehow integrated into a tire inflation/deflation system so that you can...
I’m hoping the cybertruck will have a cover built in and we won’t need to look to aftermarket. Because if it’s a factory feature it’s likely be automatically operated, which would be sweet.
That’s awesome that you tow anything at all with your M3! What do you transport in there?
With the truck you’ll be able to tow the Model 3 with more than 50 of those little trailers attached!
Ya ballsy move and much better than setting up shop in the UK that's for sure.
Being able to say for some of its vehicles that they're "Made in Germany" will make a good impression with buyers too.
Just saw this news https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/hummer-electric-pickup-truck-production/
Apparently GM is resurrecting Hummer as an electric pickup and SUV. The electric pickup space is gonna be very crowded within a couple years time but is there actually enough demand for them?