• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

New Roadster will hit 0-60 under 1 second by using 6 cold-gas thrusters πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

ModelAZ

Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Nov 15, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
446
Reaction score
964
Location
Marin County
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Saw this posted by someone and had to share:

The new Tesla Roadster will go 0-60 mph in under 1 second.

How? Cold-gas thrusters. SpaceX Falcon 9 uses them for attitude control, including the flip maneuver after stage separation. There is no combustion. It generates thrust using pressurized inert gas.

Buckle up. This will put other supercars/hypercars to shame.


Screenshot 2026-09-14 at 6.10.01β€―AM.webp
 

AlDente

Well-known member
First Name
Roberto
Joined
Dec 28, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
282
Reaction score
116
Location
CA
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
That's my new daily driver. I'm wondering about the efficiency and canister recharge capability. Im sure it will be faster than my Model 3 SR but I'm thinking it won't have a baby seat mounting option.

In any case, I've been mowing lawns for several years now and finally have the cash to buy this new offering from Tesla. "Can't wait" too.😎
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Saw this posted by someone and had to share:

The new Tesla Roadster will go 0-60 mph in under 1 second.

How? Cold-gas thrusters. SpaceX Falcon 9 uses them for attitude control, including the flip maneuver after stage separation. There is no combustion. It generates thrust using pressurized inert gas.

Buckle up. This will put other supercars/hypercars to shame.


Screenshot 2026-09-14 at 6.10.01β€―AM.webp
Bring it on!!.

I'm ready.
 

CyberGus

Well-known member
First Name
Gus
Joined
May 22, 2021
Threads
76
Messages
8,529
Reaction score
10,726
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicles
1981 DeLorean, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Specialist
Country flag
The new Tesla Roadster will go 0-60 mph in under 1 second.

How? Cold-gas thrusters. SpaceX Falcon 9 uses them for attitude control, including the flip maneuver after stage separation. There is no combustion. It generates thrust using pressurized inert gas.
I know that Elon has alluded to the Roadster's cold-gas thrusters, but he also said it would be able to hover, and that the Cybertruck would have a "boat mode". He is prone to exaggeration and flights of fancy.

I am really skeptical about this claim. A sub-second 0-60 time would be pulling almost 3 G's, and you'd practically need rocket fins to control that kind of acceleration safely.

Also, it takes like 10 minutes for the Cybertruck "wade mode" to pressurize the battery pack. How long would it take to accumulate enough high-pressure air to provide meaningful thrust? You'd only be able to use "cold-gas launch mode" like once a month lol.

What makes the most sense to me (in my role as "internet-based engineer") is to produce downward thrust at launch, to allow more power to the wheels without breaking friction.

I guess we'll see soon enough πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know that Elon has alluded to the Roadster's cold-gas thrusters, but he also said it would be able to hover, and that the Cybertruck would have a "boat mode". He is prone to exaggeration and flights of fancy.

I am really skeptical about this claim. A sub-second 0-60 time would be pulling almost 3 G's, and you'd practically need rocket fins to control that kind of acceleration safely.

Also, it takes like 10 minutes for the Cybertruck "wade mode" to pressurize the battery pack. How long would it take to accumulate enough high-pressure air to provide meaningful thrust? You'd only be able to use "cold-gas launch mode" like once a month lol.

What makes the most sense to me (in my role as "internet-based engineer") is to produce downward thrust at launch, to allow more power to the wheels without breaking friction.

I guess we'll see soon enough πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
I wouldn't say that Elon is prone to exaggeration. I understand why you and many people say that, It could easily be observed as such from the outside.

I would rather believe his brother and his cousin in saying that Elon suffers from extreme optimism. Always has. He dreams something and it instantly becomes his reality/truth. THEN later he doesn't understand why it can't work. Especially if money isn't an issue.

He just does things outside of "normal" order. He dreams and instantly his dreams become his reality. I'm not sure if that is because of his Aspergers disease or what. I personally know of several highly functioning people with autism who do the same thing. They ask "why not" ALL of the time as their reality is their truth.

My evaluation leads me to think that neither Tesla nor SpaceX would be what they are now without his extreme optimism disease.

I'll take it.
 
Last edited:

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received this response from Tesla after I emailed them.

‐‐—

Hi Garlan- Thanks for the note and continued support over the years as an owner.

At this time, all invitations have been extended to Founder Series reservation holders, and we’re unable to accommodate any additional guests. We are planning to livestream this event so please follow our X account for more information as it becomes available.β€―


We truly appreciate your support and understanding. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Best,
 

gtgarner

Well-known member
First Name
Garlan
Joined
Oct 10, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
138
Reaction score
136
Location
60473
Vehicles
Cybertruck ands P3D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone know the difference between the Foundation Series and the non Foundation series?

Can both contain the spacex package?
 

RayzorBEV

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 8, 2019
Threads
1
Messages
974
Reaction score
828
Location
Texas
Vehicles
H-M3 P, CB FS, CB FS, CB, J-MY P, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Anyone know the difference between the Foundation Series and the non Foundation series?

Can both contain the spacex package?
For one you'll get an invitation to the Roadster event plus all the FS badges, maybe some fancy CF trim pieces, likely all options standard; FSD, some supercharging and the SpaceX package would be my guess.
 
 
Top