• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Why is the Tesla Yoke a Safety Risk and the Lexus Yoke Kinda Wonderful?

Newton

Well-known member
First Name
Newton
Joined
Apr 2, 2020
Threads
14
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
535
Location
East Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Yeah, that's the break-your-arm-punching-yourself-in-the-face pose, apparently.

*sigh* Statistics and airbags, why do you hate so many poses?

-Crissa
It really just comes down to a positives vs negatives, I have yet to be in an accident where the airbag goes off.

I could argue that more natural, comfortable driving position (for me) with a hand on top is a reason for this.

Ill gladly trade the potential to break my arm pouching myself in the face once, for being more comfortable driving all the time.
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, just curious because I see it in every comment you post: Why do you always sign off with your username at the end of every comment you post?
Because this isn't chat. And I started in forums that weren't as fancy as having 'fonts'.

-Crissa
 

Crissa

Well-known member
First Name
Crissa
Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Threads
133
Messages
17,100
Reaction score
11,179
Location
Santa Cruz
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It really just comes down to a positives vs negatives, I have yet to be in an accident where the airbag goes off.

I could argue that more natural, comfortable driving position (for me) with a hand on top is a reason for this.

Ill gladly trade the potential to break my arm pouching myself in the face once, for being more comfortable driving all the time.
That's why the yoke. Make a user interface that is comfortable to use the safe way.

-Crissa
 
 
Top