• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Ventilated Seats Issue Fix / Workaround - They're better than you might think

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
We will never sell any seat covers that overlap airbags of ventilation holes. It just seems wrong !
That’s a good point. That’s the case for essentially ALL the covers that are being sold right?
Is a slit over the airbag area enough to fix that?
 
Last edited:

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
That’s a good point. That’s the case for essentially ALL the covers that are being sold right?
Is a slit over the airbag area enough to fix that?
The higher quality seat covers have large slits that the airbags go through if deployed.
Now we just need the aftermarket to have to re-engineer the seat covers so the ventilated seats actually work, or maybe,Tesla will FIX them.
 
OP
OP
TheEther

TheEther

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
76
Reaction score
177
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
At this point I've taken the seat portion of the 3D mesh off and just using the back for now, I dont really like the seat portion, it's fiddly and slides around. The back portion tho.. man after having the extra airflow I don't want to not have it. I'd really like a better solution. Between the 3D Mesh and Beads I think thats about the only thing out there that would work for this and I don't want to do a bead solution.
 

sefar

Well-known member
First Name
se
Joined
Jun 17, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
280
Reaction score
172
Location
Missouri
Vehicles
Model S 100d, Cyberbeast FS
Country flag
Got them, too.

Functional?: ✅
Ghetto?: ✅

I'm still keeping them, because they make a real difference. Until something nicer comes along, anyway.

They do look cheap. Surprised the vent seats work so poorly in the CT, I have had them in other vehicles and they were spectacular, or as my wife says, not overrated.

After a week with the ugcovers that started this thread, there is a big difference in cooling. So much so that I run the A/C a couple degrees warmer now than I used to and am still comfortable. Range improved but I am still trying to figure out how much as we are unusually cool in the Lou right now.

I can put up with a little ugly for the summer months, my poor wife has put up with ugly for almost 20 years.
 
OP
OP
TheEther

TheEther

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
76
Reaction score
177
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
They do look cheap. Surprised the vent seats work so poorly in the CT, I have had them in other vehicles and they were spectacular, or as my wife says, not overrated.

After a week with the ugcovers that started this thread, there is a big difference in cooling. So much so that I run the A/C a couple degrees warmer now than I used to and am still comfortable. Range improved but I am still trying to figure out how much as we are unusually cool in the Lou right now.

I can put up with a little ugly for the summer months, my poor wife has put up with ugly for almost 20 years.
They're for sure ugly but they work. Very much hoping the visibility of the thread will bear a better option or bring awareness of the need to one of the Tesla 3rd party market sponsors here to produce something that better matches our aesthetics.
 
OP
OP
TheEther

TheEther

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
76
Reaction score
177
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone find a better option? Still rocking the 3d mesh, worked GREAT for cooling. Winter is here so will prob soon remove it till spring. If a 3rd party option that was nicer with the same performance existed, it's an insta-buy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mal

hemiarch

Well-known member
First Name
Ace
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
6,512
Reaction score
4,752
Location
Arizona
Vehicles
2024 foundation AWD, 2024 model x
Occupation
Trauma Surgeon
Country flag
Anyone find a better option? Still rocking the 3d mesh, worked GREAT for cooling. Winter is here so will prob soon remove it till spring. If a 3rd party option that was nicer with the same performance existed, it's an insta-buy.
Same. Backrest is more useful than the bottom.
 
OP
OP
TheEther

TheEther

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
76
Reaction score
177
Location
Kentucky
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Same. Backrest is more useful than the bottom.
Definitely noticed the bottom didn’t help much but mostly wanted it on my back anyway so I haven’t ran that bottom component since about week one
 
 
Top