• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

My Cybertruck delivered with rust stains, but easily removed with Bar Keepers Friend cleaner

countryboy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
253
Reaction score
292
Location
East TN
Vehicles
M3P | CT FS AWD
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have any "minimum wage porters". Tesla should train delivery centers to prep the cars to acceptable standards. IMO, that would include removing any industrial contamination before delivery unless the customer specifically requests it not be prepped. One thing I'm very glad about is that none of my Tesla have been delivered with that awful glossy, wet look, tire sidewall goop! I dislike that stuff with a passion!

I know some people like it, and used sparingly, and with some elbow grease, it can be a nice touch, but it's generally just slathered on in an unsightly manner. It's far too easy to overdo it.
What you suggest is the equivalent of expecting them to clay bar every vehicle. What manufacturer does this? The ones who care about it wrap the vehicle during transport/storage because that is cheaper than the labor to do correction. The most you'll get out of Tesla, or most other brands, is a wash.
 

HaulingAss

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Threads
25
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
6,740
Location
Western Washington, USA
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM, 2010 F-150, 2018 Performance Model 3, 2024 Performance Model 3
Country flag
What you suggest is the equivalent of expecting them to clay bar every vehicle. What manufacturer does this? The ones who care about it wrap the vehicle during transport/storage because that is cheaper than the labor to do correction. The most you'll get out of Tesla, or most other brands, is a wash.
You don't need a clay bar to remove iron deposits from bare stainless steel! Sure, that works but it wouldn't be the quickest most cost-effective method.
 

Cybertruck 1974

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Threads
39
Messages
848
Reaction score
464
Location
Everywhere
Vehicles
Cybertruck, H2, Samurai, Ford Transit, Chevy Silverado EV, Jaguar, Corvette, M38
I’m surprised they don’t wrap the CTs going by rail. And why would the new owner have to clean his brand new CT? The delivery prep should get all those spots removed before delivering the CT.
Got mine with same thing. Took all day to prep the vehicle but the hood has all these spots? It's 100k and the spots are left on? I didn't notice until I got home. I do have bar keepers and windex so today. I'll be rubbing away. sad.
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have any "minimum wage porters". Tesla should train delivery centers to prep the cars to acceptable standards. IMO, that would include removing any industrial contamination before delivery unless the customer specifically requests it not be prepped. One thing I'm very glad about is that none of my Tesla have been delivered with that awful glossy, wet look, tire sidewall goop! I dislike that stuff with a passion!

I know some people like it, and used sparingly, and with some elbow grease, it can be a nice touch, but it's generally just slathered on in an unsightly manner. It's far too easy to overdo it.
Correct, they don't have minimum wage porters.

But if the delivery centers were to be trained to prep the car to acceptable standards, they'd have to get minimum wage porters.

You don't pay someone 50k per year to wash cars.
 

THEgasMAN

Well-known member
First Name
Nosrat
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
50
Reaction score
2
Location
Heaven
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Anesthesiologist
Country flag
Rail dust or industrial fallout related rust stains were clear and present upon delivery. Very easily removed using barkeepers friend as mentioned in other posts. Here are some closeups of before and after.

IMG_1769.jpeg


IMG_1770.png


IMG_1771.png
Clarification, please:
Was the rust stain the product of rust from something else settling on the body of the cyber truck or was it rust FROM the body of the cyber truck itself?
Thanks
 

Gigahorse

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
1,933
Reaction score
1,309
Location
USA
Vehicles
AWD
Got mine with same thing. Took all day to prep the vehicle but the hood has all these spots? It's 100k and the spots are left on? I didn't notice until I got home. I do have bar keepers and windex so today. I'll be rubbing away. sad.
Early adopter tax, but yea, for $120k you would think they would clean it before handing it over to a customer.

Let us know how long it took you to get it looking like it should, 30mins, 3hours?
 

Cybertruck 1974

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Threads
39
Messages
848
Reaction score
464
Location
Everywhere
Vehicles
Cybertruck, H2, Samurai, Ford Transit, Chevy Silverado EV, Jaguar, Corvette, M38
Early adopter tax, but yea, for $120k you would think they would clean it before handing it over to a customer.

Let us know how long it took you to get it looking like it should, 30mins, 3hours?
for the hood it only took 2 minutes. Bar Keepers, then windex. done.
 
 
Top