• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

How to set the kWh rate at a vacation home

Cincycyber

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
Threads
5
Messages
153
Reaction score
114
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Boxster S, Cayenne
Occupation
Health professional
Country flag
Newby Tesla owner here so consider my naïveté! How do I set the kWh rate at a vacation home that has a different electric rate than my primary residence? I see 3 categories on the app: Home, Office, Other. I assumed other but how do I let the app know that this location is considered "other"?

Thanks in advance :)
 

igs

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2023
Threads
37
Messages
818
Reaction score
480
Location
CA
Vehicles
CT, MX, MY
Occupation
Tesla: "To maintain service life, the battery pack should be stored at a state of charge (SOC) of 15 to 50%."
Country flag
Just change the rate when you're there, it will then remember.
 

AlmostHuman

Well-known member
Joined
May 1, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
844
Reaction score
704
Location
Earth
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Human
Country flag
Sounds like you are asking if you can set the cost of the juice at your second home? Is that what you want? What igs is saying is if you set the charging rate to be lower, for example down to 24 amps, at the second home it will remember the geo location and change at that rate at the location every time. We rented a place in Hurricane and when we went back it remembered I had lowered the charge rate.

If you are asking about the cost of the electricity at the second home I don’t know of a way to change that but you bring up a great point. If someone has a second home with a Wall Connector (or just using the mobile charger) how would you set that cost? It would jack up your charging stats if it just assumed it was the same cost as your primary home.

Looking forward to knowing the answer to this as well.
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Newby Tesla owner here so consider my naïveté! How do I set the kWh rate at a vacation home that has a different electric rate than my primary residence? I see 3 categories on the app: Home, Office, Other. I assumed other but how do I let the app know that this location is considered "other"?

Thanks in advance :)
You don't, AFAIK.

And you do realize that the only thing that the app does is an estimated savings? It doesn't do anything to the settings in the vehicle.
It's always a swag estimate. It doesn't cover free J-1772 or destination chargers either.
 
OP
OP
Cincycyber

Cincycyber

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
Threads
5
Messages
153
Reaction score
114
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Boxster S, Cayenne
Occupation
Health professional
Country flag
You don't, AFAIK.

And you do realize that the only thing that the app does is an estimated savings? It doesn't do anything to the settings in the vehicle.
It's always a swag estimate. It doesn't cover free J-1772 or destination chargers either.
Understood, yes.
 
 
Top