• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

For those with FSD, what/s your current state of collision/accident avoidance?

SCTesla

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
1,711
Location
USA
Vehicles
22 Model S, 24 CT
Country flag
Probably a hodgepodge of posts that I’ve seen and assumptions I’ve made. That’s why I’m here asking the question. Sounds like it’s been active all along and I’m just such a stellar driver that it has yet to activate.
It's something that rarely activates. In my 5 years of Tesla ownership, I'm not sure I've ever had it activate.

edit: I take that back, I remember 1 occasion, but it's still rare.
 

Woodrick

Well-known member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
3,540
Reaction score
2,231
Location
Gainesville Ga
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My question was whether AEB was different/engaged now that FSD is out (for many of us.) For whatever reason I haven’t been of the understanding or belief that AEB was implemented in a way that it could be *relied upon* in the same way one can in the SEXY lineup. And I don’t mean *relied upon* as throwing caution to the wind, but rather expecting it to work as designed.
Is it different? Probably, I'm sure that it's using a better Tesla Vision stack now.

Can you notice? Probably not.
 

GatorCyber

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Threads
10
Messages
425
Reaction score
246
Location
Florida
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FS; 2023 Model X (w/FSD)
Occupation
Real Estate Developer
Country flag
AEB may engage in certain scenarios, but it won't stop you from bumping into a wall and FSD will not intervene and save you from an accident.
 
 
Top