• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    Don't know if something like this would fit the square tubing. Would make it very easy to put together...
  2. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    Here are rough measurements. It is much wider at the rear than at the front (set by the truck's mounting points). 7 pieces of 21ft aluminum would be enough to build it with some extra for bracing inside. ($571 plus shipping from MetalsDepot) External width at the front is 58in. Rear is 74...
  3. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    I don't know yet. I plan on renting one in the spring and doing a several hundred mile trip with my wind deflector. I will report the data.
  4. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    If I end up buying an airstream trailer of my own, and range is acceptable with a 27ft Airstream, I may rebuild the wind deflector for real world use using 1 inch square aluminum tubing instead of the cheap wood I got at Home Depot. Can get 21ft lengths pretty cheap.
  5. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    Yes. I originally cut some hardwood and screwed blocks to 90 degree metal brackets. But I'm worried about the strength. So I ordered 1/8inch thick 3 inch aluminum angle metal and cut them to be 3 inches wide, and cut one side to be 7/8 wide to bolt to the truck. 4 on each side. (I haven't...
  6. BornToFly

    CT towing information - List of trailers and range

    WOW. Thank you for the data. Towing a large box shaped TT is definitely not ideal.
  7. BornToFly

    Dead truck.

    Probably still more reliable than any ICE truck. I had been looking at other brands for trailer towing. Nothing but problems from every manufacturer. GM has problems with its 1/2 ton gas and diesel engines. Gm/Ford Transmissions have problems. 3/4 ton diesels will just go into limp mode at any...
  8. BornToFly

    Dead truck.

    My son is a service advisor. He said he has not seen a PCS on the CT in their shop, but about one every other week on all other models combined.
  9. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    I don't have access to another trailer right now. In the spring, I think I will rent an Airstream 25ft. I want to see how much I can extend the sides without hitting the trailer in a max turn. I also will add vortex generators, and then take an actual trip. I will definitely post my results. I...
  10. BornToFly

    What's everyone's thoughts or experience with driving in SALT with your Cybertruck?

    The bigger issue is brake calipers. Our 2016 Model X had squealing brakes after 6 years, despite little use. Turns out the pads were stuck to the Brembo calipers due to salt corrosion, were tilted, and unevenly worn. It was a battle to get them out. I ended up having to replace pads and rotors...
  11. BornToFly

    What's everyone's thoughts or experience with driving in SALT with your Cybertruck?

    I didn't do a very good job of washing the truck last winter. When I finally washed the salt off there was a lot of petina on the steal. All was removed easily with Barkeepers friend cream and an orbital buffer (just like waxing a painted car). Very fast to do the entire truck.
  12. BornToFly

    Portable generator as "Range Extender"

    GENMAX makes generators now that you can connect in series to get 240V. Other companies only allow you to connect in parallel so you are only getting 120V from a NEMA 14-50. You can buy two generators for only $600 each and the $100 series box. So for $1300 you can charge off grid, and have...
  13. BornToFly

    Best Gas Generator for Cybertruck range extender??

    My son is looking to trade his Model 3P for a CT to tow an Airstream Basecamp 20. If you are camping at a campground with hookups I don't think you need a generator. But they will camp on BLM or state parks with no hookups. So to make sure they can make it back to a Supercharger, this generator...
  14. BornToFly

    Review - Michelin Defender LTX Platinum Tires - Cyberbeast

    I think most people here are looking for tires that will last a long time and are quiet. I HATE my winter tires, which are similar to the KO3, because of the noise. I also hope to get closer to 50k miles out of a set (I never launch my truck - I've had performance Model Ss since 2013 and I'm...
  15. BornToFly

    Review - Michelin Defender LTX Platinum Tires - Cyberbeast

    Anyone with tread depth info with over 25k miles on the Defenders?
  16. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    We were looking at Aliners for my son, but the daughter in law really wanted an inside shower. We ended up getting a 2023 Basecamp 20 with only 500 miles for $39,500. The dealer wanted $36k for the Aliner Evolution LG. The fact that they were similar in price was crazy. The Aliner should be...
  17. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    If someone in SLC has a standard Airstream with road tires, I would be willing to look into getting a rigid sheet for the front top of my deflector, and try the test again. Curious what it would look like with a 25-27 footer.... We can do the test together (I don't need to have the trailer...
  18. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    Test Complete!!!! Big Thanks to Airstream of Utah for letting me do the test. I did a 17 mile (total) out and back (4 times total) with cruise control set for 60 and 65. Temp around 50. Flag along the highway basically limp (very little wind). Climate control off to minimize any weather related...
  19. BornToFly

    Preparing trailer range test with and without a wind deflector....

    Looks like I should be able to test with an Airstream Basecamp 20 tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!
Top