I was in Rochester (Buffalo) NY for a business trip all week with my beast. FSD actually handles snow and snowy roads much better than I would have expected. The biggest problem is salty slushy road crap that sprays on the front cameras. The side and read cameras seem pretty protected.
I...
If you (or anyone) wants the OEM light bar, the parts for the latest OEM are waiting for me at the Tesla dealer -- I am not planning on installing it. Feel free to PM me and make an offer.
If it makes you feel any better, about a week after i got my Foundation Cyberbeast, I was in a 100% dark underground parking garage and backing into a spot trusting the sensors and cameras and WHAM, right into a cement wall. It nicked the bumper and bent the top corner of my side panel.
I...
I did not realize in 14.2 how it sometimes gets stuck driving very slow, even in Mad Max or Hurry mode unltil I was taking the Pike out of Boston last night.
In 13.x you could always make it go faster of you wanted.
From Grok:
How FSD v14.2 Handles Speed Limits
Based on the latest release...
I just got the notice mine is ready. I don't want it, can I just get the parts and sell it or put the credit towards something else (just asking if anyone has tried this approach)?
It tells me I am not watching the road even during the day and will strike me -- I assume it doesn't like my eyes.
Just wear any type of glasses (even fake) and make sure the top rim is directly blocking the straight line from your eyeballs to the camera and you can drive for hours with no...
FSD Unsupervised is literally unusable for me if I am not wearing my prescription progressive glasses or Amazon 0-3 progressive readers (almost the same thing). I thought everyone did this or used sunglasses?
WIthout glasses I can be staring straight ahead with both hands on the wheel and it...
I still have some minor highway left ruble strip (same as forever). I have found that the issue of getting caught in the left lane with the right blinker on (and not switching) issue seems improved / gone.
I updated yesterday and did about 250 mixed miles. No rumble strip, and no getting stuck in left lane of highway with blinker on forever to go right. Those were my two biggest issues, so it seems much better than last version.
I noticed that every time there is an update, the left lane highway drift is fixed for a while and then it returns to rumble strip mode with the display clearly showing the truck over the left yellow line. Like it got a reset then "learns" incorrectly to drive over the yellow line.
Then it...
Yes, 100% same issue. It seems marginally better in the latest release that came out a few days ago (only once made it to the "rumble strips" while before it was almost daily).
However latest version has given me two strikeouts while driving at night staring straight ahead at the road!!! I...
I have a beast with the free supercharging and have never charged it at home, despite having 40 Amp chargers at both our houses.
We line in MA - home charging is .34c/kwh no off-peak.
I have my laptop always with me and unlimited tethering, so there is zero wanted time.
If I lived where...
I noticed a few positive things:
Nannycam / striker seems slightly less aggressive
No longer drifts off left side of a 3 lane highway when getting around trucks (previous versions on 495 outside Boston would literally drive right over the yellow line into the "grooved" safety area repeatedly)...
I just updated last night, but the previous version was driving off the left side of certains highways constantly, especially around big trucks. For example, on 495 in MA it will switch to the left lane to pass a slow moving truck, then slowly drive the left tires over the yellow line and into...
I recently got a FS Beast and have found the FSD to be very annoying to actually use. I got two strikes in my first day and 1 since, but it is kind of a pain. But I figre it will be a game changer when unsupervised if that ever happens.
I also have a leased EV9-GT Line company car, and Kia's...