• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Perhaps you need to review Washington state's lemon law as I've quoted and then we can have a valid discussion. Perhaps in your juristiction the laws are different - I can only argue from the case for the law that applies to me. The outlet and ability to power your house and tools at a jobsite...
  2. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    You just need to read the settlement. The law states they need to buy it back. Doesn't say you need to abide by any terms. If they put in you're banned terms just don't sign it and let the arbitrator dictate the binding decision on them. Sure they can ban you and cancel your order but I'm...
  3. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Forget the 2nd Tesla, no power can be applied on outlet when the Truck has more than 75% charge. Cybertruck <71% = works Cybertruck >75% = no work Doesn't matter if it's a heater or a car charger or whatever. Mostly I want to use it as a welder but to test the outlet they're going to blame...
  4. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Exactly my point, substantially lowers the value of the vehicle lol. Give me $250k for a truck with defective 240v outlet and it's a deal. Gets Tesla off the hook too since didn't impair value at all so all the fan boys win!
  5. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Argument is pretty convincing above and Chatgpt agrees so someone else may agree which means it's not dismissable. Courts are never predictable but I definitely have a point here. If you don't like it, you can vote to repeal the law but it's exactly what it says right now.
  6. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Chatgpt 4o also agrees with me - again this is pretty big find...
  7. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    After further analysis, this is quite interesting in the same section: (2b) the same nonconformity has been subject to diagnosis or repair four or more times, at least one of which is during the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty, and the nonconformity continues...
  8. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Here is the full text of (2c) with relevant parts bolded: https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=19.118.041 (2) Reasonable number of attempts, except in the case of a new motor vehicle that is a motor home, shall be deemed to have been undertaken by the manufacturer, its agent, or the new...
  9. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Sure we agree on (2) but I think I'm already in lemon terrority due to this: (2c): 2)(c) A new motor vehicle is deemed to have been "subject to diagnose or repair" when a consumer presents the new motor vehicle for warranty service at a service and repair facility authorized, designated, or...
  10. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    We are in agreement if you take the car back it is not considered "out of service". We disagree on a few things: 1) The way the law is written "presented for repair" means you driving to the dealership which I did and they told me they had no appointments for 30 days already starts ticking the...
  11. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    As you said we all agree there's an issue. For me it's more serious than for someone that doesn't have 240v tools so I can see where people come from eg you just want a toy when I want a tool. Why do they have forums and free speech in general? It's so you can discuss your concerns and figure...
  12. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Sorry yes my error but more direct proof eg I need outlets and only 1 of 2 reasons I got a cybertruck.
  13. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Again a reasonable argument to quote a law so I will address your argument: https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=19.118.041 2)(c) A new motor vehicle is deemed to have been "subject to diagnose or repair" when a consumer presents the new motor vehicle for warranty service at a service...
  14. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    I appreciate you actually reading the law I quoted so at least deserves a reasonable response. Look at below picture. It is a heavily advertised feature of the cybertruck to power your tools. This is the PRIMARY reason I got it. You also bolded "use" but did not bold "value". Both use and...
  15. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Not going to hire you as my lawyer is all I need to say...
  16. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Sorry but appears someone failed high school reading comprehension so didn't get into Harvard law school...
  17. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    Interestingly, note the following verbiage: https://bbbnp-bbbp-stf-use1-01.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/default-source/auto-line/lemon-law-summaries/wa-ll-summary.pdf?sfvrsn=6d66b64f_2 1) The new motor vehicle is out-of-service by reason of diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities for a...
  18. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    If it's in the shop that's considered towards the 30 days. Until they say it's fixed it's going to stay in the shop. You might want it to be different for some weird Tesla fan boy reason but that doesn't change the law. I'm completely fine letting the arbitrator decide that and if they say...
  19. Waymo will beat Tesla FSD because of LIDAR

    What software contributions do you see Tesla put out open source? I see none useful being in that space. By far Meta is #1 contributor with LLM and Vision. Next Microsoft eg Florence2 is pretty great. Apple uses other stuff but nothing groundbreaking I've seen besides refactor other code...
  20. Cybertruck defect on outlets - Tesla can't fix, going to buyback

    It worked fine on another cybertruck at the service center so def affects a few but I can't be the only one. Most people don't use 240v tools so doubt they notice it but should check it as I do believe it affects the other systems: I've seen weird things where car won't charge at certain charge...
Top