• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. ScouterJohn

    How to get the CT to maintain a minimum speed on a 80 MPH Limit interstate?

    I would not like the governor approach. There are times I want to floor it, and I don't want it limited to 85. Wouldn't it be better if it just shut it off temporarily where you could take over and then resume when you get back to FSD speeds? This would have to make sure you wanted it shut off...
  2. ScouterJohn

    How to get the CT to maintain a minimum speed on a 80 MPH Limit interstate?

    Yep, every time there is a new speed limit, you gotta spin that track wheel down to your max of 65. At least you can manage it. The other way is annoying...
  3. ScouterJohn

    How to get the CT to maintain a minimum speed on a 80 MPH Limit interstate?

    I'm definitely with you on yelling at the truck! I engage manually and drive only when I know I'll be over the 85 FSD limit and well below the CT limit!
  4. ScouterJohn

    How to get the CT to maintain a minimum speed on a 80 MPH Limit interstate?

    Driving out west where they have those big speed limits of 75 or even 80, I find FSD very annoying because it keeps slowing down and I have yet to get it to maintain a speed of 83, 84 or 85, without have to nudge it back up. It will hold it a minute (at most) and then slow back down. The CT hard...
  5. ScouterJohn

    Windshield wiper/sprayer not cleaning full windshield anyone?

    Noone seemed to suggest this temporary workaround? I tend to try to wash/squirt the windshield when the truck is at a very slow speed; less juice gets wasted and more ends up on the windshield. I also would love the option to have it squirt on the downward thrust as well as the upward thrust!
  6. ScouterJohn

    DIF _a251 Gearbox fluid service required

    I just got this message this morning driving through New Mexico on my way back to NJ. So found the next Service Center on my way which was Albuquerque and they are checking it out. They included an engineering group (3 letters?). It was 19 last night so could be cold issue. The warning was gone...
  7. ScouterJohn

    WTF Got 1st FSD STRIKE already .. just 3 days

    On my old S, it stayed 90 cause I used it cross country in January. Going to do that again but under 85 this time! LOL Thanks!
  8. ScouterJohn

    WTF Got 1st FSD STRIKE already .. just 3 days

    When did the FSD speed limit drop from 90 to 85? Not knowing that earned me my first strike; drat!
  9. ScouterJohn

    FSD for Cybertruck is released!!!! 😱 Now pushing to early access

    FInd some wifi and charger and your trip home will be much easier! I'm heading out there in a few weeks...
  10. ScouterJohn

    FSD for Cybertruck is released!!!! 😱 Now pushing to early access

    Come on everyone - - this is the last day of the month and quarter and Tesla needs (wants) to earn the revenue from FSD for as many vehicles as they can get! Hence, we all win. Sorry but I need to go take an FSD test drive since it finished downloading!!! Enjoy FSD and the stock bump after...
  11. ScouterJohn

    3D Print flat spot for your drink on Cybertruck roof

    And allows you to not see it when inside, but you will hear it when it falls off when accelerating and tumbles down the back of your truck! LOL
  12. ScouterJohn

    Off Peak Home vs Supercharging ???

    Call me sentimental but I really miss the bear pic! Just saying...
  13. ScouterJohn

    Off Peak Home vs Supercharging ???

    My son just moved near Carlsbad and finds it cheaper to hit a supercharger than to charge at home. Crazy expensive there. I will have him call about an EV plan. THANK YOU!
  14. ScouterJohn

    Cyber breakdown on freeway -- "PULL OVER SAFELY Vehicle Shutting Down"

    Who does that? I do! After I got comfortable with my S, I often arrived with single digits of range remaining (e.g., 3 to 6 miles (not %)) when I knew the route to the supercharger and wanted the fastest charging curve to shorten long trips. I loved taking that car on long trips! But I...
  15. ScouterJohn

    Cyber breakdown on freeway -- "PULL OVER SAFELY Vehicle Shutting Down"

    Funny you say you expect it on your 2013 S; I got that message on my 2015 S flying through Ohio in April. Really hot day, had the AC blasting, knew I only had a few more miles to supercharger and was arriving with 3%, so pushed my speed higher. I never noticed 2%; it dropped to 1% expected upon...
  16. ScouterJohn

    My Spare Tire Solution - Mounted on Roof Rack

    My 2015 Model S did NOT have a spare. 180,000 miles and no flats...and I ran them down to red before replacing.
  17. ScouterJohn

    FSD for Cybertruck in 12.5 update release -- reconfirmed by Elon

    Offer you some unlimited supercharging for a period!? Or offer that to all of us instead of the FSD for a different car. The supercharging has a real cost to it. The FSD is software that doesn't generate a cost which is why I liked it. I'm a shareholder too!
  18. ScouterJohn

    FSD for Cybertruck in 12.5 update release -- reconfirmed by Elon

    @StainlessVoyager THAT is a great idea and a very fair thing to do; we did pay for it and many of us have other Teslas so I love your idea. I do caution you that the transfer of valuable things like Unlimited Supercharging, is WAY LESS than optimal (i.e., see the hijack post about transferring...
  19. ScouterJohn

    What's the problem of charging your truck to 100% instead of 80% once in a while?

    Scouting is the only responsible thing I do now; just home from an Eagle Project where we recharged the cordless tool batteries in the CT. I had a young lady earn 11 palms! The Troop has 93 Scouts; it may as well be a full-time gig.
  20. ScouterJohn

    What's the problem of charging your truck to 100% instead of 80% once in a while?

    Oh great point; thanks. It was a 70D but was caught up in the buffer adjustments/battery issues where my range dropped, a bunch of smarter users complained, and then my range went back up. I didn't much care cause I had free unlimited supercharging and by that time, there were plenty of...
Top