• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    Update: Same issue with this latest version. The harness still kills the connection to the right side tweeter. There's a handy testing tool in the service menu BTW. Working on a solution...
  2. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    I don't have that warning but the right side tweeter stopped working due to a missing pin in the harness they provide. I'm installing version 2.0 (new with the built in forward facing cam) this weekend but that harness has the same pin missing. I'll report back.
  3. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    The arm holding the mirror is way too weak. I still have the version one mirror and will see if its metal arm works.
  4. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    Loosen the eight T8 torx screws and lift the sides of the pinnacle shifter block. It will give enough room to stuff the coax and the power cable into them. Use the driver side for the skinnier one of the two, get your length as short as you can then mount again. The triangular gps cover is a...
  5. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    Thanks. No warning. Everything works it's just that one of the tweeters on the passenger side is not working correctly I believe as I was driving for the first time with it today (about 250 miles). I've noticed that the highs on the right side were not as present as they are on the left.
  6. Best digital rearview mirror recommendations?

    I've just installed Hansshow 2.0. Here are my impressions: Positive: Clear picture Large screen Coax cable for clearer image Exposure value can be adjusted Good range horizontally Not much distortion for such a wide angle camera. Good integration into system wiring overall, but see below. Nice...
  7. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Look further down in this thread. I've come up with a good fix. Hope this helps, Peter
  8. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    So here's what I've ended up doing: Grind the plug and the housing down per the pictures. You will modify the plug cage this way but if you are careful it will still serve its function to hold the cable in place. You only need to grind back the first 1/4 inch or so, just enough to clear the...
  9. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Great to hear it's holding so far. I'll do the same. I may rig up a 3D printed safety clip. I demanded a refund from Hanshow. They are granting it if I destroy the shroud for the back of the screen and send them a Video of doing so.
  10. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Yes...I'm around 41000. That extender actually is a good design at this point as the old one came apart. Now it has a tight rubber sleeve that grabs the end of the original cable.
  11. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    I agree and thanks for your reply. I'll make it work...It's not a big deal but it sucks having to spend a few hours extra getting to the bottom of things and doing all the research. Unfortunately there are currently no other options and what you are saying is absolutely the case. They (vendors)...
  12. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Great Video! Thanks for sharing! I liked and subscribed. I'm not too keen on bending this connector. Maybe you got lucky it not snapping off or pulling out of the motherboard. Putting this much stress on things can really mess with the pcb over time. I wonder if Tesla has modified any part of...
  13. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    I agree but there is no OEM swivel...yet. I'll make it work but it's a design flaw and they are sitting on thousands of these I bet.
  14. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    What you did is was my next step as well. A little 90 deg connector should do the trick, it's just a matter of securing it and the shrink tubing is a great idea. Thanks for your feedback! I was just waiting to have time to take the screen back of and seeing what angle connector will actually...
  15. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    First follow up. Hansshow customer service is not very helpful at all. At this point this is stuck with some customer service company that follows a script. I don't believe I'm talking to the makers/designers of the swivel mount. I've asked to escalate this to someone who has better knowledge of...
  16. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Yep...that's what I think too.
  17. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    Thanks for your reply. Yes. That secure latch design works fine and also avoids plugging the extension in the wrong way. The problem is the male end that connects to the screen. By the time the safety clip that interfaces with the motherboard socket of the screen is attached to it, it becomes...
  18. Failed screen tilt install - USB-C interference

    I'm having the same issue with the bracket from Hansshow. I've used a plastic spacer and a washer to get the bar away just far enough from interfering with the plug but that moves the screen lower by another 3/8" or so. The the rear cover of the screen won't fit with these spacers in place...
Top