• Welcome to Tesla Roadster Forum! If you're joining us from Cybertruckownersclub.com, then you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on the Cybertruck forum as of September 18, 2026 or earlier, then you can login here with the same username and password.

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. ModelXer

    Elon confident "we'll allow you to text and drive [with FSD] in next month or two"

    Ah! I think a lot of states will disagree. In NY it's a $450 fine and 5 points on your license under the "No Touch" law (which applies even when stopped at a stop light).
  2. ModelXer

    Elon confident "we'll allow you to text and drive [with FSD] in next month or two"

    Watch the movie "Money Pit" and you'll get the definition of "two weeks". (Tom Hanks, Shelley Duvall)
  3. ModelXer

    Elon confident "we'll allow you to text and drive [with FSD] in next month or two"

    I'm confused. I can text hands-free using voice commands in my MX. Tap the Mic on the yoke, tell it who I want to text and speak the text. Tap Send and we're done. What am I not understanding?
  4. ModelXer

    Cybertruck turning stalk - DIY 3D Print

    Damn! That is clever!
  5. ModelXer

    Almost Burned my House Down... Thoughts / Theories?

    But as noted elsewhere, aluminum connections have to be torqued down, not twisted, and copper in those gauges should be as well. Also, there are torque specs for the connections in the wall charger... which I followed when I installed my wall charger.
  6. ModelXer

    Almost Burned my House Down... Thoughts / Theories?

    Aluminum has a tendency to expand and contract with the heat change as loads change, thus loosening connections. The utility company failed to pull the meter and check the connections at my MIL's house when she was having electrical issues. Electrician came and pulled the meter... aluminum...
  7. ModelXer

    Almost Burned my House Down... Thoughts / Theories?

    Is that aluminum wire? With aluminum, or has to be torqued properly. We don't use aluminum for house wiring... it's illegal here. Has to be copper. The whole install looks a little funky, but that's just my opinion.
  8. ModelXer

    Elon Musk is back and all-in on Tesla again

    Too bad. Tesla could do without him and his baggage. And maybe focus back on vehicles instead of departing to other crap until they get the main business on course.
  9. ModelXer

    Soft tonneau cover - install video

    Well, yes, but they're trying to lower the price. I imagine the auto-cover isn't inexpensive to manufacture. It's funny that this version is still more than I am or ever was willing to pay for the CT.
  10. ModelXer

    Marking Cybertruck steering wheel & turn signals w/ color stickers dots

    Not sure I understand the purpose. I don't usually look at the wheel to use it.
  11. ModelXer

    Cybertruck crash that killed 3 college students in SF Bay Area blamed on drunk driving, drugs, speeding

    That's the case in all of the EVs I've driven and many high performance ICE cars. You're going faster than you realize. Not an excuse for DUI, but so sad for the others in the truck and their families.
  12. ModelXer

    Space Campers Bed Cap Topper unveiled!

    Very nice! Best looking and most functional cap I've seen on ANY pickup.
  13. ModelXer

    Video rearview mirror installed, with camera mounted on roof top!

    Very nice! Great job. I won't be buying a CT, but I appreciate clever designs.
  14. ModelXer

    Rear-end collision. Distracted driver with phone in hand caught on video

    The points in NY get you pretty close...5 points. Two convictions gets a suspension, three a revocation.
  15. ModelXer

    Rear-end collision. Distracted driver with phone in hand caught on video

    It's what she says to the police that matters. The lady in the SUV that t-boned me admitted to the police officer that she pulled out and hit me. That was a slam dunk.
  16. ModelXer

    Rear-end collision. Distracted driver with phone in hand caught on video

    At this point, it's probably best for her that she didn't say anything. Otherwise, her attorney would have been ripping her a new one for any kind of admission. (My attorneys have said not to say anything that could be an admission.) Is hands-free required and distracted driving a violation...
  17. ModelXer

    Tire Inflator….may be over kill but works great.

    Very reasonable and looks heavy duty.
  18. ModelXer

    Blizzak Snow & Ice Winter Tires mounted on OEM wheels (pics)

    I store my tires on a vertical stand. Never a problem. The Blizzaks weren't available when I ordered mine, so I ended up with X-ICE, but I'm pleased with them. This is their 3rd winter.
Top