On the last set of BFGs I had, the white letters were on one side and all black on the other. So, it just mattered which side you mounted as the outward-facing side.
It makes the battery cheaper, easier, and faster to make. It allows for greater energy density, and better overall performance and cycle longevity. It takes less equipment to make, so they can install more manufacturing lines in the same space.
It's a key factor in making the 4680 what it was...
@Earthxploration... That's looks perfect. I'm a huge KM3 fan.
What's the backspacing on those wheels?
Do you have a spec sheet you can share on those? It would be good starting information for people searching for wheels from other makers that fit.
@T Sportline :
For the rear... is there enough of a fudge factor built in to anticipate good clearance when Tesla increases the rear wheel steering's sweep angle? I'm very interested in wearing a set of BFG KM3's 35x18s.
I edited while you were posting. I mistakenly had a "don't" in there... Fixed:
"They don't make very VERY few tires in 19.5." A cursory look on TireRack found 10 tires. They all had a speed rating of 81-87mph.
That's very VERY few options with terrible limits. Compare 18" options to 19.5"...
Have you ever shopped for tires? It sounds like you may not understand tire to wheel fitment. They make very VERY few 19.5 inch tires and you don't stretch tires to fit wheels. Tires generally have a minimum/maximum mounting width so you can pick the desired width tire as long as it is...
Everyone's needs are different but after having a Model Y for a while I know specifically what my mileage needs are.
350 real world miles at 75-85(ish) mph. That's perfect for me.
That would get me to every place we drive to as a family 5-6 times a year with no recharging stops. I wouldn't...
Step 1: Give the creative department a week to come up with a pattern and put it on vinyl.
Step 2: Creative department doesn't have the time to do something from scratch. So they grab hexagon pattern Adobe stock art. . . And sprinkle some Photoshop on it.
Step 3: Profit.
Sorry, gotta...
Having been on the Jeep scene for several decades one thing I know for sure...
People who opt for larger tires on their vehicle don't give a shit about the impact on mileage.
That being said, I'll be more than happy to let guinea pigs IRL test bigger shoes on the CT for few years. There's a...
Was that even tinted?
Layer it to 10%-15% or just hit it with 5%. After 20+ years I've been pulled over once for tint.
Some states allow you to get a medical waiver (you figure out how to ask your doctor for it) to tint your windows darker.
Anyone know... What's the offset and backspace on these or the OEM wheels? I also would like to know the weight of the CT wheels without the tire.
I still want to go with Fuel wheels, either the Assault, Blitz, or Cyclones.
The reality is that anything you do to the exterior of the CT will...
For the Nervous Nellies worried about the fender black market... Most fender flares and stuff on the outside of a car/truck are either held on with plastic push pins or 10mm sockets under a plastic flap of one sort or another.
As out of control as the Jeep Wrangler aftermarket is, if you...
The every comparison the CT gets versus trucks like the Raptor R is fine by me.
No one ever questions if RRs or TRXs are "real" trucks. They're pretty much the poster children of pickup trucks. And, when the word gets out that the CT beats those real trucks in essentially every metric the tired...
I want to see the CT pitted against the Raptor R and TRX. No one ever questions whether or not they are "real trucks". To see them get stomped in every "truck" and "speed" metric for 15% less in price would send a clear message.
It's going to be a few days until the anger burns out for everyone who thought Tesla was going to deliver a $70k trimotor with 500 miles of range. I might have to excuse myself from the forum for a week or two while they flame out.